Friday, October 15, 2004

Bloggity-Blog.

I just had a whole essay about my school typed up for you, but it disappeared. It just disappeared. Now I'll have to write it all over again.
I'll just do it later.

I'll tell you about my graphic novel instead.
It's called Heroguy, and it's about a kid who grew up in Death Valley. Born into a secret underground tribe, he was always overshadowed by his twin brother. He gets super powers, though, and uses them to save the tribe when his brother goes crazy.
He moves to Portland, Maine, and with the help of his lawyer (modeled after me) he becomes Heroguy, protector of Portland. He meets a woman, Eileen, who he falls in love with. All the while, he has to contend with Mr. Vandershteebenhoeben, an evil demon running for governor and his henchman, Wilson Burgoyne. This book is a superhero parody/political satire. It's pretty funny; I was in the paper for it.

But seriously, I'm really disappointed that my last thing I typed got completely erased. I spent half and hour on that thing.

1 Comments:

At December 21, 2004 at 6:03 PM, Blogger moose said...

Mitchell,
It made my day when I stumbled across your comment on my blog! I never thought I'd have any means of contact with you whatsoever. Heroguy was fantastic! I THINK there was a preview for Running Out in my copy, but I'm not sure how long Heroguy'd been on the market. Though I'm excited about the second novel for you, it probably won't be available to me - unless I try really hard to get in contact with some Portland business, or your work has reached an expansion of retailers. But I do sincerely hope that you continue writing and illustrating graphic novels. You've got an amazing talent.
It's funny that you should comment this recently, as just yesterday I wrapped up Heroguy as a present to my brother. (I would have kept it to myself, but c'mon. I'm 15 and unemployed with no real gift ideas anyway.) My enclosed note read something along the lines of "...Please take good care of this gift. For some reason the novel holds sentimental value for me. And I don't even know the kid who wrote it." I guess I was a week or two early to really meet you. :-/
It was my pleasure mentioning your book.
And, my wit and intellect compare nothing to yours. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home